Current Sunday School Info:
Adult Sunday School
Kingdom, Covenants and Canon of the Old Testament – Sanctuary
Dr. Jeff David resumes teaching from the Thirdmill course Kingdom, Covenants and Canon of the Old Testament. If someone asked what the Old Testament was all about, how would you answer? How would you summarize its contents? Would you describe it with the topics of its basic theology or as an overarching story? How would you explain the importance and relevance of the Old Testament for Christians today? To answer these questions, we need to have a firm understanding of the significance, theology, and covenantal structure the Old Testament. And if we do, we can live Christian lives relying on the whole Bible as Christians scripture, not just the New Testament. The adult class meets in the sanctuary.
“Women of Faith” Class, Room 105
Begins Sept 12 – more info to come!
Sr High Sunday School – Room 304
Christians are often accused of being unreasonable and intolerant by unbelievers, who argue that Biblical perspectives are hateful if the Biblical perspectives disagree with their own secular views. This can make conversations about God and life very difficult, and these secular perspectives can even begin to seep into our thinking and make us question our own Christian worldview. In this Sunday school we will be using Tim Keller’s book, The Reason for God, and we will analyze worldly ways of thinking while seeking to gain a better understanding of why we believe what we believe. High schoolers (9-12th grade) are encouraged to join us with Pastor Gutiérrez Sundays, 9:45-10:45am, in Room 304
Children’s Sunday School
- 2-yr-olds: Parents should drop off their children to the designated classroom.
- 3-yr-olds through Kindergarten: Parents should escort their children to Opening Assembly in the south side of DeSoto Hall. If needed, a parent of a 3- or 4-year-old may sit with their child during class.
- 1st-8th Grades: Parents may escort their children to the designated classroom, but this is not required.
- 2-yr-olds: Parents must pick up their children from the designated classroom.
- 3-yr-olds though Kindergarten: Parents should pick up their children from the classroom.
- 1st-8th Grades: Students will be released from the classroom or closing assembly at 10:45am.
2-year-olds begin and end in their classroom:
- Denise Welch & Wendy Kvale – Room 108
3-year-olds through Kindergarten begin the Sunday School hour with Opening Assembly at 9:45am in the south side of Desoto Hall, and then move to their classrooms:
- 2-year-old, Denise Welch & Wendy Kvale – Room 108
- 3 & 4-year-old, Sandra Chiou, Jane Lewellen & Debbie Mellott – Room 117
- Kindergarten, Janet Jack – Room 115
1st-8th Grade will begin in their class rooms:
- 1st & 2nd grade girls & boys – Room 104
- 3rd & 4th grade girls – Room 116
- 3rd & 4th grade boys, Andy Sullivan & Micah Tamminga – Room 101
- 5th & 6th grade girls, Kathy Hannula & Beth James – Room 102
- 7th & 8th grade girls, Dana Isenberger & Hilary Kvale – Room 112
1st-4th Grade will move to Closing Assembly at the end of the Sunday School hour, also in the south side of DeSoto Hall.
5th – 8th Grade will remain in their classrooms
To train our children, ages 2 through 8th Grade, in the principles of the Word of God we use a systematic memory work book.