Sunday School is for all ages at 9:45 am
Note: All Sunday School classes are cancelled or postponed indefinitely.
For the latest info, please visit our COVID-19 Update page.
Children’s Sunday School Classes
Classes for children ages 2 through 8th Grade:
Click here for the Sunday School Map showing classroom locations for all age/grade levels.
- Children in the 2-year-old class remain in the toddler nursery, Room 108.
- Children age 3 through Kindergarten begin with Opening Exercises in Room 116, and should be picked up from their classroom.
- Children in 1st-4th grade begin in their classroom and are dismissed from Closing Exercises in the south side of DeSoto Hall
- Children in 5th-8th grade begin and end in their classrooms
Children’s Memory Work
To train our children in the principles of the Word of God, we use a systematic memory work book. If you would like a physical copy of the memory work book, please ask your child’s Sunday School teacher or check with the church office.
Adult Sunday School
- The Women of Faith Class I (Room 117) Martyrs, Missionaries, and the Persecuted Church: Join us as we study the lives of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand using the video Tortured for Christas well as video study sessions and books produced by Voice of the Martyrs. “Your faith will be inspired as you go deep inside the darkest prison cells to see how the light of Christ continues to shine from the hearts of those totally committed to Him.”
- The Women of Faith Class II (Conference Room) Our class is reading Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Tim Keller. We are looking forward to learning more about God and praying as we study. Tim Keller says “It is the way we know God, the way we finally treat God as God. Prayer is simply the key to everything we need to do and be in life. We must learn to pray. We have to.”
- The Word of Faith Class (Sanctuary) Mike Pfefferle continues, “Studies in the Trinity.” You might think that you only need to know about the Trinity when “those people” ring your doorbell. J.I. Packer would disagree; he writes in Knowing Godthat “the heart of the Christian faith in God is the revealed mystery of the Trinity.” In this class, you’ll learn the Biblical foundation for the doctrine of the Trinity, how the first Christians worked to express the Biblical teaching in their own words, and how our God’s triune nature shapes every aspect of our Christian lives.
- High School Sunday School (North Side of DeSoto Hall) Developing Godly Perspectives: Come join us as we will be addressing issues of self-image, pride, perfectionism, body image, guilt, shame, depression, grief, anger and bitterness from a Christian perspective.
- Better English on Sixth ESL Sunday School (Room 304) Kathy Lewis facilitates the Better English class where individual American partners help each international who wishes to read or discuss material at an appropriate level of English. Please contact Kathy or Jonathan Nichols if you would like to become a partner or assist Better English on Sixth in any way.
The class for men of the church meets in the sanctuary usually on the last Sunday of the month instead of our regular Sunday school classes.
See our Bulletin and Announcements page for details on upcoming Genesis 39 classes.
The class for women meets in north end of DeSoto Hall usually on the last Sunday of the month instead of our regular Sunday school classes. The high school girls meet separately with Mrs. Tamminga.
See our Bulletin and Announcements page for details on upcoming Abigail’s Daughters classes.